My name is Pam Kravetz and I am an artist born, raised and living in Cincinnati. After being awarded a scholarship my senior year in high school, I attended and graduated from the University of Cincinnati, Design, Art and Architecture and Planning in 1983. I received a BFA in ceramics and drawing. I was the Cincinnati Bearcat Mascot. I walked the line between artist and “cheerleader.” My artwork has always reflected my passion for interaction with the world around me. I was a docent at The Contemporary Art Center. Through this experience I realized I wanted to teach what I love, art. I received my Masters of Art Education from Miami University in 1990.
I am regionally and nationally recognized artist with over 30 individual and group art exhibits and installations. Including The Southern Ohio Museum of Art, The Carnegie Arts Center, The Burlington Art Center in Vermont, Phyllis Weston Gallery, Annie Bolling Gallery, The Cincinnati Art Museum, The Contemporary Arts Center, Thunder Sky Gallery and Visionary and Voices.
I am a 20-year veteran art educator. I have twice been awarded Teacher of the Year, a Martha Holden Jennings Scholars and a National Board Certified Teacher. I teach an after school art program at Uptown Arts, a free arts program for inner city elementary children. I have taught workshops in narrative quilting at the Cincinnati Art Museum, The Contemporary Arts Center, Anderson Ranch in Colorado to name a few. I have been a Project Manager for ArtWorks as a Project Manager for 12 years. Leading high school and college artist to create art installations for five Cincinnati Children’s Hospital clinics and The Ronald McDonald House, projects for Taft Museum of Art and a Mural Works mural in Columbia Tusculum.
I am fortunate to be able to balance my teaching career and my professional artist career. Thanks to my incredible and supportive husband Craig, son Max, and daughters Erin and Jill. And of course my dog, Lenny Kravetz.
- Carnegie Hall Newport, KY Art of Food 2011
- Carnegie Hall Newport, KY Art of Food 2012
- The Beauty Queen, The Super Hero and The Peanut, The UnMuseum Site Specific Installation at The Louis and Richard Rosenthal Museum Of Contemporary Arts, Cincinnati, Ohio 2008
- Who Will Be the Next Duveneck or Dine?, The Phyllis Weston-Annie Bolling Galleries, Cincinnati, Ohio 2008
- Summerfair 40th Anniversary Quilt Show, Co-Curator and participant, Cincinnati, Ohio 2007
- Quilts for Change, Juried Exhibition, Cintas Center Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio 2006
- Beautiful Cupcakes, Solo Exhibition, Phyllis Weston- Annie Bolling Galleries, Cincinnati, OH, May 2006
- Domestic Goddess, The Art of Pot Holders and Cocktail Winnies, Solo Exhibition, The Projects, Cincinnati, OH, May 2006
- The Grass is Green Enough 2, Solo Exhibition, The Flint Gallery, Burlington, Vermont, June 2005
- Portrait Miniature, The Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati, Ohio, March 2005
- The Grass is Green Enough, Solo Exhibition, Fitton Center for Creative Arts, Hamilton, OH, October 2004
- Heartfelt, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY, February 2004
- Carnegie Arts Center, Covington, KY, April 2004
- Three Crafty Women With an Agenda, Annie Bolling Gallery, Cincinnati, OH, May 2004
Pam Kravetz portfolio copyright 2013